Winter is often when we think of flu season; however, flu viruses can hit anytime, including the sweltering summer. The summer illness might come on suddenly, but with the appropriate strategy, we can bounce back quickly and resume taking advantage of the warm weather. Finding doctors accepting new patients can be crucial for a quick diagnosis and course of treatment if you need medical attention. It takes a combination of preventative actions and prompt medical care to survive the summer flu.
Some tips to combat the summer flu
- Identify the Symptoms – The symptoms of the summer flu frequently resemble those of the winter flu. High fever, headache, muscle aches, a sore throat, a cough, exhaustion, and occasionally gastrointestinal problems like nausea and vomiting are among them. Pay attention to these symptoms if you have any of them, especially during flu season.
- Get medical care – Get medical attention as soon as possible if you think you could be sick with the flu. Find local doctors accepting new patients and make an appointment promptly. Early detection and intervention can immensely impact your recovery. The summertime flu can cause problems, especially in those more susceptible, such as children, the elderly, and people with underlying medical disorders.
- Keep Hydrated – Staying adequately hydrated is essential when fighting the illness. Dehydration because of the summer heat can make your symptoms worse. To keep your body hydrated and remove toxins, drink plenty of water, herbal teas, and liquids high in electrolytes.
- Rest – Providing your body with the needed rest is one of the best methods to recover from the illness. Avoid physically demanding activities, and give your body time to heal. Getting sufficient sleep will speed up your recovery and boost your immune system.
- Follow the doctor’s advice – Follow the doctor’s directions on your prescriptions and finish the entire course of treatment.
- Strengthen Your Immunity – An effective immune system helps fend against and avoid illnesses. Include foods that will strengthen your immune system in your diet, such as vegetables, nuts, fruits, and seeds. Consider taking zinc and vitamin C pills, which boost the immune system.
Do you have summer flu symptoms?
Do not ignore your symptoms and visit Court Street Medical Center, where you will get an appointment with the doctors accepting new patients in no time to provide you the high-quality medical care with compassion. Court Street has been providing impeccable medical care to the community for over 20 years through a team of highly experienced medical professionals.
On a Sunday, I was able to book an appointment online for 12:00 noon the next day. I arrived 10 minutes early and found that the clinic is extremely efficient and beautiful inside. I walked out at 12:22 with having talked to a receptionist, nurse, got x-rays done and talked to a doctor. If I had gone to a hospital emergency room, the wait would have been 5 hours or more. At the clinic, I was and out in just over 30 minutes. I highly recommend this clinic for it’s efficiency and level of care.
My son had acute onset of face and head pain. The clinic booked us in, in less than 24hrs…..for context we couldn’t see his pediatrician until October.
When we arrived at the clinic the check in process was fast an efficient! We maybe waited 10 minutes then we were called to a room and seen by Dr. Gerald who was AMAZING. He was thorough and explained everything in terms we could understand. He did not force medication or uneeded services and explained what to do if things worsened. I wish he was our pediatrician!
We will definitely be using this clinic in the future.
I booked an appointment at noon. My information was taken and covid screening took place as soon as I walked in. I barely sat down before being brought to an examination room where I was promptly asked questions by a nurse. I was sent for an X-ray just across the hall (X-ray techs were out for lunch until 12:30, but promptly brought me in upon return. Quick and efficient X-ray process, then back to the clinic, where I was immediately directed to an examination room. I just waited a few moments before a doctor came in, asked a few questions, examined/tested my knee, gave me my X-ray results and shared my prognosis. Even with the short wait for the X-ray, I was in and out before my lunch hour was finished. Everyone in the process was friendly, helpful, professional, thorough and efficient. Very clean space. Recommended.
Booked an appointment for my 7 year old. We got in quickly, and the nurse and doctor were both wonderful at making her feel comfortable. The receptionist was friendly and the office was big and very very clean. The online booking was easy to use, and the option to book a same day or next day appointment was wonderful. We will absolutely return to this clinic for our needs in the future.
Booked my appointment one day in advance, waited 10 minutes and then saw the doctor. Friendly staff/doctor and the place was nice inside and clean. Only had to wait a couple of days to hear back from the doctor from the lab results. Overall good first experience.
Dr. Kahani was fantastic with my son! Great bedside manner, very kind and gentle with him. Diagnosed his croup, prescribed the medication and gave me some very helpful hints to manage symptoms at home.
First time there. Appt made 24 hrs ahead. I showed up 5 mins early for 4:15 appt. Waiting room empty. Three staff manning desk. Barely sat down when I was called in to triage. Explained my injury, X-Ray requisition printed, over to X-Ray across the hall, 3 mins there, back to office. Doc shows up 30 secs later, to examine, checks x-rays, diagnosis, prognosis and instructions, and on my way.
In and out in 14 minutes. Everyone was friendly, professional and efficient. Pretty remarkable, I’d say.
Took my child in and we saw Dr. Kabani, he is absolutely amazing with children and even took the time to engage with my other child who did not have an appointment. Both kids left with the biggest smiles . I wish we could have him as our regular pediatrician.
This clinic is great having amazong doctors and X-ray right the next door. Dr. Katz did a great job consulting me this morning, provided recommendations and prescribtion for the wrist brace which helps a lot.
I recently took my 15 year old daughter to the Minor Illness and Injury clinic because she injured her thumb. I was immediately impressed when we able to get an appointment for her the same day. The nurse that saw her was incredibly kind and seemed to ask all the right questions. My daughter was directed down the hall for an x-ray right away. She then came back and was seen by Dr. Kabani. He was amazing. Best bedside manner I have seen when dealing with a child. He was thorough and honest. From beginning to end we were there for 60 minutes. I would highly recommend the clinic for any minor injury. Beats waiting at the Children’s hospital for hours on end just to sit in a room waiting for another hour and then being rushed out without any real answers.